WHAT IS IT?
Games4Rehab is a unique online space to explore how game play can improve the lives of people with a range of different disabilities.
WHO’S IT FOR?
We enable four disparate groups to learn and share interests, perspectives and findings:
WHY USE IT?
Games4Rehab exists to advance the use of video games to motivate, rehabilitate, entertain, and to create new opportunities that will benefit all four groups.
The proof is in the play.
Click here to read more about the mounting evidence for the beneficial use of games for rehabilitation.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
People with disabilities can play 1,000 different games for FREE that are designed to improve:
- Response time
- Scanning ability
- Short-term memory
- Concentration and focus
Community members can exchange ideas via blog, chat, IM, photos, and video
With hundreds of people joining every day, Games4Rehab is THE forum for disseminating cutting-edge information about gaming and rehabilitation.
Join our community and discover how fun recovery can be! It’s easy:
- Define you – Choose a user name, upload a photo and complete your profile
- Tailor your experience – Adjust settings for patient-clinician confidentiality
- Start interacting – Play games, post photos and contribute to discussions
- Calendar – View a comprehensive list of disability-related events around the country, including conferences and expos; upload your own
- Search functions – Find news and articles by keyword
COMING SOON …
- Multiplayer games – Challenge other community members
- Search functions – Find games and information targeting particular disabilities; search by keyword
- Progress tracking and data storage – Track patient progress and use findings to advance research
- Live video conferencing – Observe patients while gaming via Web cam and make real-time adjustments to rehabilitation methods